These muffins are yummy and super-healthy. Can't beat that! I got it from a King Soopers mailing.
Good Morning Muffins
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
3/4 cup oat bran
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
2 apples, shredded
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped or ground
3/4 cup 1 % milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper cups. Mix together flours, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in carrots, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
Combine milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla in another bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
Light Cream Cheese Icing (Optional)
1 (8 oz) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, whip until creamy.
3 comments:
Sounds yummy! I love new recipes ... especially ones that are healthy and taste good. Will have to try these muffins! Thanks for posting it.
Yum, those sound good. How many does this recipe make?
I should have put on there how many it makes, Gloria, but the recipe is wrong. It says it makes 15, but I've found it makes much more than that and I can't remember how many. At least 24 I think. Next time I make them I'll let ya know for sure! Or if you make it first you can tell me!
Post a Comment