After reading others' "Not Me Monday" posts for a while, I've decided to join in the fun. If you've never seen a "Not Me" post, you'll catch on quickly and maybe you can join in too!
Here goes...
In my quest to "healthy-up" our meals, I did not try a recipe that involved oatmeal, tofu, flaxseed oil, ground up dried beans, and flaxseed meal in a crockpot. I would have enough foresight to know that adding said ingredients to perfectly good oatmeal would result in a completely inedible dish, even if MckMama herself recommended it. And if I had made something so disgusting, my husband most certainly would not turn up his nose at it and say, "Like oatmeal wasn't healthy enough by itself?!" No, he would never say that because he completely supports my "healthy-up" quest and is, in fact, always searching for new ways to use flaxseed oil in his food.
On another note, I did not walk around my newly remodeled King Soopers store the other day taking pictures of the new aisle signs so it would be easier to make my lists. Because if I had, it would have led to an embarrassing conversation with the manager of the store in which I would giggle like a school girl and try to explain that I wasn't "casing the joint" and that it was all my husband's idea anyway. I'd never do that. Instead, I'd walk over to Customer Service and ask for a directory.
So there you have it--my first "Not Me!" post. What have you "not done" this week?
5 comments:
Haha, you make me laugh!!! Those are pretty good "not-me"'s...I should do that again sometime too.
LOL, nice! I would have done the same thing myself. Only way I knew stores have directories available was because my husband worked for a grocery chain for a while. Went most of my life not knowing that tidbit.
Not sure which is worse, you taking pictures or me knowing the aisles by memory:)
Wow, taking photos of the aisle signs? That is one I have never heard before-- and it is INGENIOUS!!! You know I'm going to be taking snapshots on my next trip to the grocery store!
~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com
Awesome, Amanda! Glad you joined in on the fun. Loved picturing you taking pictures at the store and getting busted.
Post a Comment