"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Friday, March 27, 2009

What snow days are all about!

Yesterday was Amanda's birthday. I was contemplating staying home for most of the day if work load allowed. I made the decision early yesterday morning to do so. I am glad I did. It started snowing around 9:00am, and by Noon there was about 7 inches of "Spring Blizzard" snow on the ground. Before the day was out we received over a foot of snow.

Then school was canceled on Friday. It was still snowing! It took almost two hours to shovel out the drive and walk. We were planning to go visit some friends 4 hours away in Southern Colorado, but we got the call from Branson - weather had cancelled our plans. While the freeways were clear, traversing 50 miles of county roads through windswept high planes snow drifts 3' deep didn't sound wise. Better not to come. All of a sudden our hustle and bustle packing morning became a stay at home, no plans, SNOW DAY! And this is what snow days are all about:










We look forward to seeing our friends down south next weekend instead - weather permitting! ;)

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! Sounds like you had fun celebrating!

Unknown said...

Love the last picture of you and Erik! You look so happy. =)