"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sweet Kid Stories

Joel: Today as we were shopping at the Sunflower Market, Joel was in the cart a couple feet away from me as I searched for a few peaches. I must have had my eyes off of him for about 3 seconds too long, because when I went to put my peaches in the cart, he was munching on an apricot that he had plucked off the shelf. I chuckled at him and enjoyed his cuteness for a moment, then snatched the apricot away from him (he wasn't happy about that). I figured I should pay for it before he ate it all! Turns out he's got good taste. Those apricots were $2.49 a pound!


Isaac: The kids sat down on the couch a few nights ago for their nightly ritual of bedtime stories with daddy. When Erik walked in the room, Isaac said, "Make room for the king!"

Another story...

I turned on the TV for a few minutes while I folded the laundry one afternoon.
Me: Why don't you guys go play?
Isaac: You watching TV is offending me.
Me: It's offending you? I don't think that's the word you were looking for, buddy (thinking hard about what word he could have meant). I think you meant "distracting." Is that what you meant?
Isaac: Oh yeah, distracting! ...what does "offending" mean?

Jackson: Do you have a baby in your belly mommy?
Me: No, I don't.
Jackson: How do you know?
Me: I just know.
Jackson: But how??
Me: (quick subject change)
I really need to come up with some more clever answers to those questions!



No comments: