I am so glad we went! By the end of the weekend (she did a photo shoot for us on Friday and we met up with her again on Saturday for the "Focus on Marriage" Simulcast at Focus on the Family), I felt like we had gained some new friends. Jennifer and her husband Israel are every bit as warm, genuine, and generous as I expected they would be. They long to follow God with their lives and be a light for Him in the world.
During the simulcast, God impressed upon me the need to pray for them and I found out later that Erik was feeling the same thing. We were blessed to have the opportunity to do just that (with a group of other new friends) after the simulcast was over. I'm continuing to pray that God will use the huge following Jennifer has on her blog to point people to Him and that Jennifer and Israel will stay strong in the midst of the trials that being popular bloggers can bring! They are heading to Kenya with Compassion International on Tuesday. She'll be posting about it on her blog if you want to follow her on her journey. It's sure to be a life changing one!
Thanks for coming to Colorado, Israel and Jennifer! It was a privilege to meet you...not because you are semi-famous, but because you are you!
2 comments:
That is Fantastic! She is one of my favorites as well. There are times that I wish we lived in Colorado!
Loved the boys' sneak peak pics! So full of joy and boyness! =)
Post a Comment