"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Monday, August 9, 2010

Not Me Monday!

Mckmama- Not Me Monday



At the prompting of friends, I've decided to do a Not Me Monday post today. Enjoy reading about my stupidity...er, I mean my brilliance!

After taking the family swimming at my mom's place last Saturday night, it was not me who brought all the wet swimsuits home in a bag and allowed them to sit in the laundry room until Monday morning. I always wash everything promptly, especially wet swimsuits. If I had gone downstairs Monday morning and discovered a smell that resembled a dirty diaper, I might have figured the swimsuits were overdue for their washing and dumped the contents of the bag straight into the washer. But I'm certainly glad I didn't do that because that dirty diaper smell might not have been coming from the swimsuits at all. And I might have discovered later in the day that my washer was filled with not only a load of "clean" laundry, but also a load of clean Kung Pao Chicken and rice. It would be pure sillyness to put a box of food in the same bag as the wet laundry and I would never do such a thing. And furthermore, I always promptly empty the contents of every bag upon reaching home after an exhausting day. So cleaning water chestnuts out of my washer would never be my reality. BUT, just in case you ever face such a problem, a good vacuum cleaner and some rewashing should take care of the problem. :)

2 comments:

Mommy2Four said...

LOL.... you sound like me!

Unknown said...

Awesome - I truly think this is my favorite story that never happened. =)