"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Friday, November 14, 2008

Family Time Beginnings

As promised, I am reporting back on our first "Family Time." Last night we had a special meal, sang a couple of songs, said a prayer and then did our activity. We had a lesson on being careful with our words. The boys each got a small tube of toothpaste. They squeezed all the toothepaste out of the tube onto paper plates. Then we told them to put all the toothpaste back in the tube. Of course, that's impossible...just as it's impossible to suck back in hurtful words after they have been said. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29.

I think the boys enjoyed the time, although Isaac was anxious to get to rough-housing, so he was a little distracted. I wasn't quite as prepared as I could have been. I couldn't find the verse so I wasn't able to show it to them in the Bible...only recite it. Lessons learned for next time. I've decided to put Family Time on the calendar, so the family can hold me to making it happen. We are shooting for once a month for now and then once we get the hang of it we'll do it more often. Next time I'll have to get out the camera too. Pictures always make for a more interesting post!

No comments: