Let me introduce you to one of my favorite miracles. Last week, Cate celebrated "Gotcha Day" with her family (our good friends, Matt, Jen, and Mabel). "Gotcha Day" is the day Cate came home from an orphanage in Kazakhstan for good! So many little miracles happened throughout the process of Cate's adoption, starting with the way our friends met her, to the funds being raised to go get her, to the government of Kazakhstan allowing Cate to come home. It was my privilege to walk through it with Matt and Jen and to finally see the outcome of so much prayer, hope, heartache, nervousness, hard work, perseverence, and love. Cate is a beautiful blessing and a BIG miracle! I am so thankful to have her in our lives.
Cate and Amanda at Cate's Welcome Home party last year.
I get so excited when I think about adoption and I look forward to seeing what little people God brings our way in the future. I can't wait!
2 comments:
Jim and I are available to God's guidance in adding as He sees fit. We have liked the Steven Curtis Chapman site on adoption--maybe someday we will be sharing our stor(ies).
What a wonderful story. I love the picture of you and Cate. What a cutie. Adoption is an awesome thing -- so like God.
Post a Comment