"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Monday, May 4, 2009

We Have a Church!

I know a lot of you have been praying for us in our church search so I wanted to give you an update. We visited a bunch of churches in the area over the last few months and enjoyed seeing that God is at work all around the Denver area. We have decided to plant ourselves at Bear Valley Church (the church we met and got married in). I am really happy about our decision. I have always felt connected at Bear Valley because of my involvement with MOPS and because of our history there, but I wanted to be open to other possibilities. So I waited on Erik to make the final decision for us. It turns out he's gotten involved more quickly than I have! He was in the men's chorus last week and also had a couple of his paintings on display in an art show. Yesterday he had the opportunity to share some of his artwork and his story during the morning services. I'm so proud of him and thankful that God is already using him in our new (old) church home!

We have kept the kids with us for church while we have been searching because we didn't want them to have to go to a bunch of different nurseries/classes. It was getting really tough, especially with the baby, for me to enjoy and get anything out of the church service. I went home from church wishing I hadn't gone because it was more draining than fulfilling. Yesterday we put all the kids in the nursery/Sunday School and oh, what a difference! I came away from church rejuvenated and the kids came away telling me all the details of the story of Paul and Silas getting out of jail! Joel did great in the nursery and was happy to see me when I went to pick him up. One of the great things about going back to our old church is that I already know and trust the nursery coordinator.

I am still loving the ministry of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I am going to be the Small Group Coordinator next year for my group. I'm SO excited about that. The job will meld some of my biggest passions beautifully. I have loved small groups since I was involved with leadership in college with Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. I also love being involved in the lives of other women and encouraging them in their walk with Christ.

I'm thankful that God has led us to the place we can call "home" once again and I'm even more thankful that no matter where we choose to go to worship, the body of Christ is the real church and my family is spread far and wide.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Congrats on finding a church home! That is such a relief, huh?

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad for you guys. Especially to feel at home somewhere where each of you can immediately plug in and use your gifts! Cool.

Anonymous said...

That is an answer to prayer--thankful and happy for you. If you see my friend Dana Stanton, please tell her I said hi. They have two girls around the ages of Kaylynn and Kori, so I am not sure if your circles will cross, but maybe. I loved BV mops--it was a great place and Kaylynn and Kori always had a great time. I know God will use you in many ways as small group leader.