"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23
Friday, October 2, 2009
Life is about to get interesting...
Erik's hours at work have been cut again. He'll be down to working 2 days a week soon--only 16 hours. The day before the cut, Erik stated the amount of money he thought we needed to keep things running. We did the math. 16 hours a week is not going to bring in that stated amount. SO, we are looking forward to seeing the creative ways in which God will provide for our family! Strangely (but thankfully), I'm not too worried about it. And Erik is downright excited! Perhaps he's just happy that he doesn't have to sit at his desk playing "Bejeweled Blitz" for 8 hours a day. But I think his excitement has more to do with the fact that he likes to see God work. And I do too. So we're waiting and watching and trusting in you, God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
And interesting it will be. =) I love Erik's enthusiasm for the crazy ways that God provides.
We've felt amazing peace throughout our situation so far -- the kind you know defies understanding but are so grateful for. Our situation will be getting more interesting in the next few months as we most likely lose our home and move into a different house with my parents. Exciting, scary, freeing -- and all in God's hands.
p.s. praying for you guys
Will be praying for you. I really admire both of you guys' upbeat attitude and total trust in the Lord to provide. I know He will too, but it is hard to really show that kind of reliance when it gets right down to it!
Wow, Shelley. I didn't know you were going to lose your house. I'm sorry. I've appreciated your attitude on your blog through your whole ordeal too.
Thanks, Gloria, for your encouragement!
Post a Comment