"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Sunday, October 18, 2009

MOPS Convention


A few weeks ago I had the privilege of going to the MOPS Convention in Nashville with 4 wonderful women from my MOPS group. It was all pretty overwhelming, but I learned a ton and enjoyed some great music! We had Matthew West, Christy Nockels, Matt Redman, Plumb, and Natalie Grant all spend time leading us in worship and giving us concerts throughout the weekend. It was something else.

I think the most surprising and inspirational aspect of the weekend was the way almost every speaker and musician opened their time with us--by communicating how privileged they felt to be speaking to a room full of moms (more than 3700 of us!). Each one felt that by teaching, leading, inspiring, and equipping moms, they were making a big impact on the world and on the future. Wow! I knew that the role of "mom" was important, but it sure is uplifting to have someone else recognize that and want to give us support and encouragement in the journey.

The other thing that blew me away was something Robert Gelinas (of Colorado Community Church) said: "If one family from every church in this nation adopted one child, we would empty the foster care system." I was (and am) once again convinced that this is God's plan for the future of our family. And I pray that families across this country will hear God's call to take care of the orphans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I esp liked your comment about the orphans. Jim and I are praying about this too. Sounds like an awesome weekend!