Here are some things that make me love being home...
- Joel is almost walking! He's taken about 5 steps in a row. He's also learning more baby signs. At first he didn't seem too interested in signing, but we've stuck with it and now he's really starting to use them. It's so fun to get a glimpse of what is going on in that little head.
- Isaac has been asking great questions about God. Today in church he leaned over and asked me what "meekness" is. Recently he's also asked questions about God's power and strength, and what heaven's going to be like.
- Jackson was reading a Star Wars book aloud to us last week...Erik noticed that it's a 4th grade level book. I love that he loves reading so much and that he's willing to share his gift with others (he reads to Isaac often).
- Erik didn't have any trouble managing the kids or the house this weekend. I'm thankful for a husband who is not only supportive of my endeavors, but completely capable of taking care of things around here while I'm gone. The best part is that even though he is capable, he missed me and is glad to have me home.
- Our garden is going crazy! We suddenly have tons of green beans and some cucumbers and tomatoes will be ready to pick in a couple of days. The lettuce has been plentiful all summer and is still producing. The strawberries are starting to get some fruit too (I was worried they may not make it).
- One of our friends popped in to see us tonight. I love my friends.
I am blessed.
1 comment:
Welcome back, Amanda. I enjoyed your post. It's always awesome to hear what the kids are up to. I love when kids start asking questions about God.
Matthew asked some heart wrenching ones yesterday -- like "if God made me and takes care of me...did he make the bad strangers that take little kids too?" Yikes -- I didn't know the deep questions were going to start so young! But questions do open up wonderful teaching opportunities. I'm trying not to let my preconceived ideas of what a child should learn when, keep me from talking about stuff that he's wondering.
Post a Comment