Little did I know as I was writing my last post that my sweet friend, Lisa, was preparing to face the hardest day of her life...saying final goodbyes to her husband of 33 years. I had been receiving updates regularly on how her husband, Phil, was doing, but they stopped coming a few weeks ago. I decided to go check out the website today to find out what was going on and to make sure I was still signed up to receive the updates. That's when I read the sad news. On Friday, July 3, Phil went to be with Jesus. He's been fighting cancer for years and the cancer finally won. I'm so sad today for Lisa and her family. Phil and Lisa had a strong marriage and were wonderful parents. Phil loved playing the drums and it was fun talking with him about our common interest in participating on church worship teams. He would pop his head in my room at school (Lisa was a fellow teacher) and say, "Hey, It's Amanda Hug 'n Kiss!" He was a fun guy, full of life and love. He will be missed dearly and I mourn today for my friend, who is facing the hardest loss of her life.
I wonder when the day will come that Jesus will put an end to the suffering of this world. One day, there will be no more tears, no more pain. But for now, we press on. We love today, because we don't know what will happen tomorrow.
Come quickly, Lord, and wipe the tears from our eyes, but until then give us the strength and courage to face each new day with resolve to love others and rejoice in you.
1 comment:
Oh, I'm so sorry for your friend.
I am praying for her and her family.
Post a Comment