"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snippets of Life

  • Erik is now working 3 jobs. He took on a work study job at seminary in addition to his architecture job and his church job. And he just got a new project at work (architecture). That's good news for the firm and for Erik's job security, but I'm thinking we won't be seeing him much this semester.

  • I haven't been sleeping well and I think I'm getting sick. Bummer on both counts. We've been trying to have our friends John and Amy (a friend from high school and his wife) and their boys over for dinner or lunch or something for months, but we haven't been able to make it happen because of sickness or other things that have come up. We have plans with them this Sunday. Of course. Here's hoping Echinacea tea, Vitamin C, and going to bed early with knock out this sore throat by then.

  • I joined the choir--something I've wanted to do for years now. I decided to be an alto even though I'm really a soprano. I want to learn how to harmonize better and sopranos don't harmonize all that often. So far, I'm only singing about half the time because I learn parts by ear. I'm thinking I need to sit by someone who sings louder.

  • I hate my glasses because I can't get them adjusted right and would like Lasik right now. But I know if I had the option to have it right now, I may not feel so excited about it. It freaks me out.

  • MOPS today was great. I love it. I love those amazing women.

  • I'm taking a class starting next week and I'm afraid. I haven't taken a class in 10 years. And I've never taken a class online. But I need it to renew my teacher's license.

  • I filled out a gifted and talented survey about Jackson. I was surprised to discover that Isaac possesses about half of the attributes of a G/T child as well. Not sure what that's going to mean in the future of their schooling and we are praying hard and I'm losing sleep over it right now.

  • I'm thankful for my single friends.

  • Our friends who are adopting from Haiti are meeting their children in Miami TONIGHT! Praise God! We'll get to meet the kiddos on Sunday!

2 comments:

Michael Joseph said...

I remember filling out the G/T survey for Aaron and saying Joshua does that and that and Benjamin is That and that! After Aaron was tested at 6 I was shocked to find out he is gifted 98-100 in all the areas! No wonder he has been able to teach himself how to play piano, guitar and is now 3 grades ahead in school! We have to be careful because Joshua who is dyslexic is only being held back by the fact he struggles reading. But when we can get things like books on cd and we now got Switched on Schoolhouse and it will read to him. If his reading was better he would be accelerating as well. Good luck. Hope you feel better. Aaron was accepted into a very special gifted school but Aaron said if they don't teach the Bible he's not going. :)

Amanda said...

Wow, Michael! Thanks for sharing! It's hard to have children who are gifted in such varied ways, but so much fun too! We have to be careful to encourage Isaac a LOT, because I think he sometimes feels like Jackson is "better" than him because he can read. But Isaac is gifted in things Jack isn't gifted in. All beautiful children from God!