"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

Friday, January 22, 2010

A Visit With Family

My cousin Doug, his wife Carol and their twins Colman and Chelsea visited from AL after New Year's. The main reason they came was to see Uncle David. (He's not really our uncle...we just call him that. He's actually our grandfather's cousin.) Anyway, we learned around Thanksgiving time that Uncle David has Alzheimers. We are so sad. He is such a neat man. And he is painfully aware of his memory loss. What a cruel disease. I lived with Uncle David and Aunt Muriel for 2 months when I first moved to Denver. I was penniless and they allowed me to stay with them while I got on my feet. I will be forever grateful for the kindness they extended to me during that time. We've taken the boys up to Arvada to visit them several times and Uncle David is totally in love with them. It's really sweet. Here are some pictures of our family time a few weeks ago and a couple at the bottom from our first visit to see them with Joel about a year ago.


Aunt Myra (my mom's sister), Aunt Muriel, Uncle David, and my mom

Joel and Colman. I think Joel was grumpy about dinner or something. He doesn't like lasagna.

Chelsea

"Hmm...wonder what they're looking at?"

The adults around the table...minus Doug. I think he was tending to a little one.

There's Doug.

Present opening craziness

We were glad to see you, Doug and Carol and kiddos! That's 2 times in less than a year! Lucky us!
_____________________________________

These are the photos from a year ago. Uncle David was thrilled that I offered to let him hold Joel. Sadly, he doesn't remember it. He thought he was seeing Joel for the first time a few weeks ago.


2 comments:

The Goodwins said...

Good times as always with the Halls. Love the pic of the 3 by the door.

Meg Wingerd said...

Love the pictures, Amanda! Thanks for posting them. My favorite is of Joel and Chelsea and Colman by the door. So cute! Seems like you and Carol were just pregnant with those kids. They are getting so big! Great to see everyone in your pictures.